Wednesday 13 October 2010

Skyhook Design

The name Skyhook for me, comes from a music producer from Belfast. He has 3 techno tracks under the alias Skyhook (1,2,3) I love that he's from Belfast and I love his music. I initially tried a few different fonts but resulted back to good old Helvetica, to which the possibilities and variations are endless. The final logo is quite simple, which I like. I think with just the basic outline of the word Skyhook, it becomes quite a memorable logo, especially when the word Skyhook already catches attention. I played about with different colour variations. I wanted something that immediately jumped out and grabbed your attention. The black and yellow does that.



With the business cards and letterheads, I wanted to keep them simple. All the attention was already being grabbed by the simplistic Skyhook logo and eye-catching yellow and black. Again I used helvetica for the text, and I used different variations with the yellow and black. The colours are loud but are calmed down with the simplicity of the Design.  





1 comment:

  1. I'm happier that you didn't go with this design and carried on your development processes. I think this did not test your design boundaries much. Onward and upward

    ReplyDelete