Wednesday 27 October 2010

intro extro

I came up with the name extrointro/introextro. Not sure which to go with, but I do think extrointro rolls off the tongue a little better. I came up with this name because I have been described as an extrovert in certain aspects of my life, but at the same time I have been described to have the tendencies and traits of an introvert. I like that they are two traits that contradict each other, both can be good traits to have, depending on what aspect of life they are being applied to. I also thought that this play on words could be fun to play about with...



I found this lovely font, which fitted my mood at the time and which I thought would be nice to use with the ideas that were in my head. Initially I played around with the font, which was fun because it is a font that allot can be done with. Then I was thinking that an extrovert is a person who thrives of social activity and who's character gets bigger in those surroundings, so I immediately thought of the 'extro' getting gradually bigger and the 'intro' getting gradually smaller.  




When I had completed the 4 alternative logos I looked at the shape they took and realised that they could be played about with to make patterns.




Some cool patterns were made, so many more can be made, the possibilities are endless. Im really enjoying this logo and I haven't even used colours yet.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting development shots. What ideas did you not use? and why not?

    ReplyDelete